If you’re a residential or business owner, you may be wondering if cleaning your air ducts really makes a difference. The answer is a resounding yes! Cleaning your air ducts can significantly improve the quality of the air you breathe and enhance the efficiency of your HVAC system. Here’s what you need to know about air duct cleaning.
It’s More than Ducts!
Air duct cleaning done right includes more than just cleaning the air duct. Air duct cleaning should include every component of the HVAC system that air flows through. When you get your air ducts cleaned professionally you are actually cleaning the all of the following:
- Air ducts: The network of air ducts that circulate air throughout your home or building are cleaned using specialized equipment such as brushes, air whips, and vacuums.
- Air handler unit: This is the central unit of your HVAC system that contains the blower, evaporator coil, and other key components. The air handler unit pulls the air from the living or working space through the return ducts, heats or cools the air and distributes the air back into the space through the supply ducts.
- Registers and grilles: These are the vent covers in your home or building that allow air to flow in and out of the ducts. They are removed, cleaned and replaced.
- Supply and return ducts: These are the ducts that bring in and remove air from your home or building. They are cleaned using specialized equipment such as duct brushes and high-powered vacuums.
- Cooling coils and heater: The cooling coils and heater are the components of the system that cool the air in the summer and heat the air in the winter. It is critical that these get cleaned during the process.
- Condensate drain pan and line: The condensate drain pan and line remove excess moisture from your HVAC system. They are cleaned to prevent clogs and backups that can lead to water damage.
- Air filter: The air filter is an important component of your HVAC system that traps dust, pollen, and other airborne particles. It is recommended to replace them with new ones after the air duct cleaning process.
Why Clean Air Ducts?
This is something we talk about a lot! The accumulation of dirt and debris in air ducts can have several negative effects on your health, as well as your wallet. Here are some reasons why you should consider cleaning your air ducts:
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: The air you breathe indoors can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor air, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The buildup of dust, dirt, and other contaminants in your air ducts can contribute to poor indoor air quality and aggravate allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: When air ducts are clogged with debris, it can cause your HVAC system to work harder to maintain the desired temperature, resulting in higher energy bills. Cleaning your air ducts including the blower and cooling coils can improve the efficiency of your HVAC system, help reduce your energy consumption and potentially extend the lifespan of your unit.
- Elimination of Odors and Health Concerns: The accumulation of dust, dirt, and other contaminants in your air ducts can contribute to unpleasant odors in your home or commercial building. Cleaning your air ducts can eliminate these odors and leave your space smelling fresh and clean.
Still not sure? Here are 7 signs it’s time to clean your air ducts.
How Do I Hire an Air Duct Cleaner?
Choosing a licensed and certified professional for air duct cleaning is crucial. Proper air duct cleaning requires specialized equipment and expertise that only licensed and certified professionals can provide. A licensed professional will follow the appropriate safety protocols and use the right equipment to clean your air ducts thoroughly.
While the state of Texas does not require a license to be called an air duct cleaning company it DOES require a license for cleaning of the coils, blowers and cutting any access holes that are required for cleaning the return and supply plenum as well as to be able to treat mold. Because of this confusing difference, you run the risk of paying for services that don’t fully address the needs of your HVAC system when you hire an unlicensed company.
If you’d like to learn more about how to hire a Air Duct Cleaner, check out our helpful overview:
Want a Quote?
For a professional air duct cleaning, look no further than Power Vac America. With over 30 years of experience, our licensed and certified technicians use state-of-the-art equipment and adhere to the highest standards in air duct cleaning, including the use of high-powered vacuums, brushes, and anti-fungal treatment agents to improve air quality and ensure that you breathe clean and healthy air. We are NADCA certified and licensed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TACLA28012E).
For more information on our process, follow this link or call for a quote at 713-645-4611:
Have more questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions FAQ page! https://powervacamerica.com/faq/